If you’re one of those who loves their hair just the way they are but also wants to look presentable without damaging your hair, you must choose your hair products with great thought. For instance, having the right hair dryer should be an essential part of your daily routine. That’s because drying your hair with a high-end hair dryer will give your hair a lovely bounce and shine that will give you confidence throughout the day! While straighteners and curling irons aren’t for everyday use, you certainly do need a hair dryer to look presentable before heading outdoors. That’s when Dyson Supersonic hair dryer comes in handy.
Many have considered the Dyson supersonic hair dryer to be one of the best options out there. Its steep price has deterred several customers, but the experience certainly seems worthwhile. Wondering if this is the right hair dryer for you? You’ll be able to decide only after reading about it!
Let’s explore everything about this unique hair dryer.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Comparison Table
|Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, Iron/Fuchsia, 1200W||Buy on Amazon|
|BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer||Buy on Amazon|
About Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine; Air temperature is measured 20 times every second, keeping...
- Ultra fast drying; For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow. Rated power 1600watts
- Includes: Magnetic attachments Dyson smoothing noozle, styling concentrator, and diffuser
Dyson is a company that’s known for selling various electric products. These include vacuum cleaners, hand dryers, and now the Dyson supersonic hair dryer. While this item might be smaller as compared to Dyson’s usual wares, it’s still something that’s an everyday part of people’s lives.
The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is the result of research and development that spanned a total of over four years. We’ll talk more about the price range further on, but it’s worth noting that around 600 prototypes also came into being to create the perfect Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. The testing phase was no less rigorous. About 1000 miles of human hair was blown dry with the prototypes over this period.
The result? We now have a Dyson Supersonic hair dryer that’s one of the fastest-performing, user-friendly, quiet, and hair-friendly devices on earth. When used with expertise, it could even make you feel like you’ve just had some professional hair service done! Below are some of the details about the product itself.
Diving deeper into Dyson Supersonic hair dryer
A shower in the morning might be refreshing, but going out with wet hair is only an invitation to health issues because it may cause your scalp to burn in summer and frostbite in winter. That is one of the reasons why you should get hold of a hairdryer that promises to deliver exactly what you’re expecting: a variety of heating options and additional features to dry your hair according to the weather and your own preferences. That’s what Dyson provides you with. Below are the product specifications for the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer:
- A power of 1600W
- Four heat settings
- Three-speed settings
- checkIonic system
- checkSettings have LED indicators
- checkCool shot function
- checkIncludes smoothing nozzle, concentrator, and diffuser
- checkAccessories have magnetic attachments
- checkAir filter with removable cover
- checkWarning indicators of filter cleaning or any other fault
- checkAir filter and motor are built into the handle
The first aspect of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer that people notice is probably its price. Unfortunately, such a product simply won’t be available without a staggering price tag as well.
If you’re familiar with high-end hair dryers in general, a little comparison could tell you just how high a price this is. Most high-end models providing the same function.
With the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer, though, you’re not just getting a blast of hot air that quickly evaporates the moisture in your hair. You’re also getting several accessories, functions (like the ionic system), temperature settings, and airflow settings. These come together to give you a result that will allow for compacted hairstyles and actually last more than a few hours. A cheaper variety of hair dryer may get the job done on a temporary basis, but it just won’t give the satisfaction that a hair enthusiast is looking for.
Finally, the pricing of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is also due to its impressive durability. Cheaper versions will probably break within a year, whereas the warranty on this impressive option lasts for at least double that time. You’re hence buying the cutting-edge technology, design, and a fashion statement when it comes to the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. You’ll have to pay a premium price, but the quality and status value is unbeatable!
What makes this brand the best one
If you’re concerned about the health of your hair but need to use a hair dryer on it every day, the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is probably the best brand you can go for. While other high-end dryers might be able to come close to Dyson’s result, the same effect is not there.
The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer has an impressive ability to smooth out hair that you wouldn’t find in any other device that isn’t a straightener. This means that it can actually save you a lot of money when it comes to styling products or trips to the salon. You simply wouldn’t require these additional hassles when you have the super smoothening effect of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer.
Another aspect that puts the Supersonic above other options is its sheer speed. You might be afraid of getting out a hair appliance in the morning due to the time it will take for every hair to be dry. With the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer, you’ll get an extra boost when it comes to racing against the clock!
Another unique feature of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is that it has a filter and motor inbuilt within its handle. That means that the shape and weight of the dryer are nicely balanced, making for an easy, pleasant holding experience.
Ultimately, there are several factors that make this hair dryer the best in the business While other hair dryers might have the words ‘ceramic’, ‘tourmaline’, or ‘ionic’ in their descriptions, the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer relies on its ability to retain a natural shine and prevent any damage from the heat. If you’re looking for a device that will both blow your hair professionally yet won’t place it at risk, Dyson is the one to go for. It prevents the damage by using a glass bead thermistor, which measures the air temperature around 20 times per second. It then reports the findings to a microprocessor that ensures things don’t get too hot.
How We Reviewed
We compiled the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer review by looking at several forms of feedback from users online. There are several reviews of this product online, especially Amazon. Many customers have tried out this luxury item and have reported their findings for the rest of us.
This review is the result of several experiences put together. Customers have looked at the drying rate, airflow, speed, durability, customer services, temperature range, and many more aspects of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. It’s only natural that we may gauge something useful from all these reviews.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Versus Other Brands
With the high price tag of the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, you might think of looking for something similar in a reasonable range. You can’t do much in this area since the high price is reflective of the quality performance and the results. However, we’ve scoured the market and found some products that might have a comparable performance to the Dyson Supersonic. We’ll discuss a few below:
Comparison with BaByliss Speed 2200
- Power meets technology in the BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme 2000-watt blow dryer. A professional lightweight motor &...
- Ceramic technology offers even heat distribution & negative ions reduce static electricity for healthy shiny hair.
- Great for all hair types including thick & coarse hair, this blow dryer helps reveal shiny, healthy-looking hair.
This 2200W dryer is fast drying, has the salon-power airflow, and a long-life AC motor. BaByliss Speed 2200 also uses iconic conditioners, much like the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. However, it only has two- speed settings and the third one for heat, while the Dyson has one more of each. It’s also quite heavy to use, which might be an issue for some. The Dyson, however, provides a lightweight experience.
BaByliss doesn’t provide a warranty for this item which is justifiable as it’s available at a low price.
Comparison with Karmin Salon Series
No products found.
The Karmin Salon Series also provides a lightweight experience like the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. Again, though, it has only three heating settings with two for speed. There are an ion generator and a ceramic-coated nozzle for a smooth result. However, the result still isn’t quite as perfect as the one with Dyson. On the upside, though, Karmin comes with no less than a 3-year warranty.
Comparison with Featherweight Luxe 2i
- T3 SoftAire: Delivers a high volume of ion-enriched air that dries large sections of hair-fast and healthy
- T3 Tourmaline: Proprietary infusion process emits negative ions and infrared heat for fast, healthy drying
- Ionic: Cancels static and seals the cuticle, helping hair retain natural moisture; helps reduce frizz and enhance shine
This award-winning hair dryer that uses ion technology for a quick, smooth, and ultimately healthier result. Featherweight has tourmaline technology and can work towards avoiding frizz. It also comes with a 2.5-inch tourmaline brush to help with your hair styling. However, it doesn’t contain as many accessories, heat settings, or speed settings as the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer.
If pricing isn’t an issue for you when buying a hair dryer, you can choose Featherweight. Supports the credibility of this item. However, Dyson Supersonic is still a better choice if you’re looking for some additional features.
PROS AND CONS
Listing down the pros of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer would certainly help you look forward to its experience! At the same time, you’ll be able to gauge just what to expect from this purchase. Like any other product, especially for the hair, this hair dryer also has some downsides to it. Since you should collect adequate knowledge of this hair dryer, it’s good to know its pros and cons. Let’s take a look at both:
- The pros of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer represent its extraordinary features in detail. First off, the range of airflow settings, temperature controls, functions, and attachments in the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer provide more opportunity to create hairstyles. It can help to save money if you use it to create styles that could cost hundreds of dollars at a salon.
- The dryer is very easy to use. Those using it have reported that the markings were clear and simple to read plus understand. That way, the dryer makes it easy to style hair. It provides a quick experience that cuts drying time in nearly half. It’s is a prominent advantage that justifies its high price.
- The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer has quite a performance. That means that you don’t have to worry about waking up your partner, child, or the next-door neighbors while drying your hair in the morning. Besides, the smooth and straight result of your hair will be similar to that of a professional blow-dry at the salon.
- You should know of the downsides to this item before investing in it. For instance, users have reported that it was quite difficult to adjust the controls while the dryer was still in use. Using the electric controls required them to move the whole device away so they could navigate properly.
- While many vendors of the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer claim that its extremely lightweight, most customers and reviewers have reported otherwise. The consensus is that it’s no lighter than its main competitor. However, the excellent build and weight distribution should make for a comfortable holding experience, causing minimal strain on your hand.
So, Is It a Worthwhile Investment?
No one can deny that the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is probably the most expensive one on the market. But guess what? After reviewing this item, we’re of the view that it’s worth the price. If you do have the money for it and will be using it on a regular basis, we recommend that you go ahead and splurge! Think of this not as buying a luxury product, but as making an investment that will allow you a good hair day every single time.
As we’ve discussed above, buying the Dyson Supersonic hair dryer could save you money in the long run. It prevents hair damage and helps in attaining salon-quality styles. You’ll save hundreds in salon visits, styling products, and damage repair treatments. Plus, you get to dry your hair quickly, be out of the house on time, and look like a million bucks as a bonus. If that’s not an ultimate bargain, we’re not sure what is!
Last update on 2021-07-24 at 23:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API